Jay P. Granat, Ph.D.
Psychotherapist, Author, Founder
Over the years, I have counseled top baseball players from junior highs, high schools, colleges, Summer leagues, travel teams, minor league teams and the major leagues.
This time of the year, I get calls from coaches, parents, players and spouses on a frequent basis.
Here are the most common kinds of concerns that they present to me when they reach out to me by phone or by email.
- Doc, I am stuck in a hitting slump and I can’t seem to get out of it.
- I can’t seem to get calm, confident and focused when I am at the plate.
- I am thinking too much when I get up to bat.
- Why is my kid great in the cage and terrible in games?
- When I am on the mound and pitching in game conditions, I am very nervous and can’t throw strikes?
- I am suffering from the yips when I have to make a routine throw.
- I am not getting enough playing time.
- I am in conflict with my coach or coaches. What should I do/
- I am nervous before I get to the ball park.
Dr. Granat can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 888 580-ZONE.