Today, a journalist called me to get my tips for pro golfers who are competing in this wonderful event. Here are some of my thoughts.
What Will It Really Take To Win At The US Open
1. Surround yourself with people who help you got get into the right frame of mind for competing effectively. Family, spouses, mental coaches swing coaches could all be important for some golfers at this event. Other players prefer to go to the event with their caddy an no one else.
2. Most players who I have worked with who compete at this level, enjoy the crowd, the attention and the challenge of a tough course, so I
don’t think these factors are troublesome for them. They could pose a problem for a player who is in his first US Open.
3. Play as many practice rounds on the course as possible.
4. Spend time imagining that you are playing the course. Go through each hole and every shot in your mind. Don’t try to imagine a perfect.
This is over the top. Instead, try to imagine playing well.
5. As best as you can, approach The Open, like every other tournament.
Use the tools and techniques that have helped you to do well in the past.
6. Enjoy the experience. It is a very special event. You are very lucky to be there.