Beginning on January 17, 2017, Dr. Jay Granat, Psychotherapist, Author and Founder of www.StayInTheZone.com, will run a weekly seminar and support group for elite athletes in the tri-state area.
The group will meet at Dr. Granat’s offices in River Edge, New Jersey.
“Over the years, I have counseled thousands of student-athletes from virtually every individual and team sport you can think of. In doing this work, I have discovered the variety of stressors and the tools that athletes need to understand and utilize in order to excel in both their sporting life and their academic life.”
Student athletes frequently need help with the following kinds of issues:
- Performance anxiety related to competing at the next level
- Resolving conflicts with teammates and coaches
- Getting more playing time
- Bouncing back from a setback, loss or slump
- Recovering from an injury
- Managing pressure from parents, coaches and the media
- Time and task management
- Anger management
- Losing to teams or players they should beat
- Being intimidated by opponents
- Transferring to another school
- Loss of focus
- Loss of confidence
- Overthinking during competition
- Weight control
- Alcoholism and substance abuse
- Burn out
- Moving up from high school to college
- Moving up from college to the pros
- Mental training including self-hypnosis, visualization, meditation and guided imagery
During weekly meetings, athletes will share their concerns with Dr. Granat and with their fellow competitors. Participants will get tools, techniques and strategies that will help them to perform to their fullest potential, find balance in their lives as student athletes and enjoy this special time of their lives.
To participate in this group or get more information, call Dr. Granat at 201 647-9191.
Or email him at email@example.com
Can’t attend the group? Dr. Granat is available for individual counseling. Call him at 201 647-9191.
Or, consider getting one of his many self help programs, cd’s, dvd’s and books. Click here: