Bowling Tips: Ten Reasons Why Bowlers Miss Their Mark, Their Target Or Their Line
Jay P.Granat, Ph.D.
Psychotherapist, Founder, StayInTheZone.com
Amateur bowlers and professional bowlers sometimes struggle to get their ball over their mark.
Here are the common causes of this problem:
1. Approaching the foul line too quickly and giving up your balance.
2. Having too much head movement which impacts your balance, your vision and your focus.
3. Gripping your ball too tightly can affect your release, your accuracy and your rotation on your bowling ball.
4. Choosing a target that is too far down the alley or too close to the foul line.
5. Failure to extend toward your target line.
6. Failure to clearly visualize the shape of your shot before you start your approach toward the foul line.
7. Failure to develop a simple and consistent ritual prior to establishing your ready position.
8. Being tense and anxious can negatively impact your vision.
9. Throwing across your rather than straight out.
10. Failure to remove negative thoughts or negative self-talk prior to stepping on the lane.
Want to add ten pins to your bowling average using sport psychology and hypnosis. Get the instant download now: